Minimum Rental Requirements
- A valid full (class 5 or higher) Canadian drivers License
- A valid full (class 5, higher or equivalent) USA drivers License
- A valid international drivers license
- Proof of Rental Insurance coverage. If you do not have rental insurance coverage or proof of coverage, do not worry, Lo Cost Rent a Car can provide a Damage Waiver for your rental.
- Driver(s) must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- all renters will be required to provide a credit card for a rental deposit.
- Cash deposits are not acceptable.
- Deposits are merely a Pre-Authorization; no Cash is actually debited for a deposit.
- Acceptable Credit Cards: Visa, Master Card and American Express.
- Free Customer Pick-up/Drop-off in Richmond, YVR or South Vancouver.
- Customer pick-up/drop-off outside of normal areas is available for a fee.
- After hours vehicle pick up is available for an added fee with minimum 4 hours notice, subject to availability of staff.
- After Hours Vehicle Drop Off is available. An additional half day rental charge will apply.
Damage incurred to Vehicles during Rental
Lo-Cost Rent A Car can provide its clients with a Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) which will waive the need for rental insurance. The LDW will release you from having to pay for vehicle damage, and you will only be required to pay a deductible, which will vary according to season and vehicle. If damage estimate does not exceed the deductible amount, Lo-Cost Rent A Car MAY choose to charge you the cost of the damages as opposed to the full deductible.
Vehicle Rental Insurance provided or purchased from an outside party will not release you from financial responsibility entirely. You will always be required to pay a minimum deductible depending on your coverage. Please consult your insurance provider for more information.
Paying for the repair of any damage sustained during the rental period will be the sole responsibility of the renter. Examples of damages include, but are not limited to:
- Wheel Rash
- Tire Damage
- Body Damage (dents, scratches, etc)
- Stains, Burns, Scents
- Broken Parts
- Missing Parts
- Cracked, Chipped or Broken Windshields
- Extremely Dirty Vehicles (Mud, Garbage, Chemicals, Food, etc)
- Misuse of vehicles
Lo-Cost Rent A Car is proud to operate a Smoke Free Fleet of Vehicles
Smoking is not permitted in any of our rental vehicles. Renters who smoke in our vehicles will be subject to the cost of repairing the damage (Stains, Burns, Smells) as well as a $500 additional charge for depreciation. This is non-negotiable.